email addresses and spam

Koen Martens fbsd at metro.cx
Fri May 25 08:15:43 UTC 2007

On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 09:11:40PM +0200, mva at sysfault.org wrote:
> Walter Ian Kaye <freebsd-org at natural-innovations.com>:
> >I send mail to ports at freebsd.org, and 2 weeks later I get spam.
> >That is not cool, people. You MUST make sure that never happens.
>
> Why MUST that be made sure?

And more importantly: why does this conversation have to take place on
this list. I signed up to this list because I maintain a few ports, and
things relevant to that maintainership might pop up here. I most
certainly did not sign up to let my inbox get filled with threads
started by a message that should have gone to the list owner instead of
the list itself.

Best,

Koen