Problem with Matrox G450 and X.org 7.2

Christoph Moench-Tegeder cmt at burggraben.net
Thu May 24 10:35:14 UTC 2007

## Peter Jeremy (peterjeremy at optushome.com.au):

> >Requesting insufficient memory window!: start: 0xeee00000 end:
> >0xefefffff size 0x2000000
> >(EE) Cannot find empty range to map base to
> >(WW) MGA(0): Video BIOS info block not detected!
> I have this on my G550 as well (without mga_hal).

Same here.

> I haven't fully
> investigated the cause but I did find a suggestion to upgrade the
> BIOS.  I note that mga_hal 4.4.0 only supports up to X.org 7.0.0 - I'm
> not sure it it will like 7.2

It does, if prodded in the right way (start X with -ignoreABI).
See my post on x11@ at
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-x11/2007-May/004142.html
(it would even easier to find if I didn't wreck the subject).
I have no idea if this helps with G400/G450.

Regards
Christoph

--
Spare Space