php5-gd and xorg-libraries conflict

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Tue May 22 07:14:36 UTC 2007

Hi guys,
first of all, i wanted to thank everyone who was involved in the xorg update - it was a massive rebuild that went mostly flawlessly. I had a couple of small stops in my laptop but i fixed each in a matter of a few minutes... really glad and impressed :)

anyway, I have a new box I'm setting up. it has the minimal ports installed - no xorg ports at all. I need to install php5-gd , which seems to have xorg-libraries as a dependency.

portinstall -p php5-gd
[....]

===>  Extracting for php5-gd-5.2.2
=> MD5 Checksum OK for php-5.2.2.tar.bz2.
=> SHA256 Checksum OK for php-5.2.2.tar.bz2.
===>  Patching for php5-gd-5.2.2
===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for php5-gd-5.2.2
===>   php5-gd-5.2.2 depends on executable in : phpize - found
===>   php5-gd-5.2.2 depends on file: /usr/local/bin/autoconf259 - found
===>   php5-gd-5.2.2 depends on file: /usr/local/libdata/xorg/libraries - not found
===>    Verifying package for /usr/local/libdata/xorg/libraries in /usr/ports/x11/xorg-libraries
Read /usr/ports/UPDATING for the procedure to upgrade to xorg 7.2.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11/xorg-libraries.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/php5-gd.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/php5-gd.
** Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/bin/script -qa /tmp/portinstall.29492.0 env make DEPENDS_TARGET=package
** Fix the problem and try again.
** Listing the failed packages (*:skipped / !:failed)
        ! graphics/php5-gd      (unknown build error)
--->  Packages processed: 0 done, 0 ignored, 0 skipped and 1 failed

Shouldn't it realise there is no xorg installed at all and just use 7.2? Just in case, i followed the xorg upgrade process (which did nothing of course, including the rebase.sh) ... still nothing.

Cheers,
Beto
{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

Two things have come out of Berkeley, Unix and LSD.
It is uncertain which caused the other.