Xorg upgrade & portmaster

Stefan Thurner thurners at nicsys.de
Mon May 21 21:06:22 UTC 2007

Hi Doug!

I used portmaster for upgrading xorg without any problems. What I
did was:

1) get a list of ports that required xorg-libraries
2) deleted all that ports and their dependencies using
pkg_cutleaves
3) rm -rf /usr/X11R6
4) setenv XORG_UPGRADE yes
5) portmaster -D -p /usr/ports/x11/xorg

Althoug this is not a real upgrade it is a very easy procedure.
So I don't think it is really necessary to implement extra logic
to portmaster for this one upgrade. Everyone who understands the
ports system and uses portmaster whit a little attention should be
able to do the job.

Portmaster is a great tool as it is -- not bloated but functional.

regards
-Stefan
--
GPG-encrypted mail welcome! --> ID:E970FCBE