Speedup for make clean-depends (and thus make clean)

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sun May 20 22:25:33 UTC 2007

Alexander Leidinger wrote:

> I could write such a new target, e.g. limited-clean, which could be used
> with update tools if there's some interest in something like this from
> the author of such a tool.

Once again, I appreciate all the effort that's going into thinking
about this stuff. :)

For portmaster, I use 'make $PM_MAKE_ARGS clean NOCLEANDEPENDS=yes'
before I start building a port (unless the user specifies -C) and
after installation is done. Since each portmaster process does that
for each port, and since portmaster walks the dependency tree itself,
this works for me, and avoids the painful process of cleaning
dependencies.

Doug