X.org 7.2 ports merged into the FreeBSD Ports Tree

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sun May 20 21:27:13 UTC 2007

Parv wrote:

> I am using FreeBSD 6.  I haven't tried xorg 7.2 port(s) yet, but
> recently did merge /usr/X11R6 to /usr/local (programs reinstalled,
> made link to X11R6 to local, and such).  On a reboot after that,
> scripts indeed ran twice.  That was very annoying. and mildly
> surprising, as the scripts are currently dumb enough not to realize
> that /usr/X11R6 is a symbolic link to /usr/local.
>
> That was fixed by, in /etc/rc.conf, ...

Could you try restoring the default rc.conf entry, and apply the patch
I posted to /etc/rc.subr? It would be nice to get testing from someone
who was actually affected by the problem.

Thanks,

Doug