Xorg 7.2 success report

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at FreeBSD.org
Sat May 19 07:27:36 UTC 2007

Hi,

I installed ports from the xorg7.2 tarball (KDE, Opera, Firefox,
Claws-mail, datastudio, gmplayer, xmss, softmaker-office, ... ) on my
desktop.
This was a clean install, on a newly installed CURRENT.
The list of ports is here:
http://sce-tindy.tecnik93.com/FreeBSD/div/installed_ports.txt

Everything went well.

Things to mention:

Native opera needs:
 > cat /etc/libmap.conf
[/usr/local/share/opera/bin/]
libc.so.6       libc.so.7
- we're still missing compat6x

I didn't sym-link /usr/X11R6 (for testing), but something creates an
empty /usr/X11R6/share/locale/.

 > realplay
No fonts found; this probably means that the fontconfig
library is not correctly configured. You may need to
edit the fonts.conf configuration file. More information
about fontconfig can be found in the fontconfig(3) manual
page and on http://fontconfig.org
 > acroread
No fonts found; this probably means that the fontconfig
library is not correctly configured. You may need to
edit the fonts.conf configuration file. More information
about fontconfig can be found in the fontconfig(3) manual
page and on http://fontconfig.org

- because of missing /usr/X11R6 symplink

Skype show gibberish fonts w/o the /usr/X11R6 symlink (reported by
miwi).

Running mergebase.sh resulted in :-) :
 [ ... ]
==> Creating backup of X11BASE in /usr/tmp/mergebase...
a .
a ./share
a ./share/locale
==> Merging X11BASE into LOCALBASE...
Merge failed.

 # m /tmp/mergebase.JG7Ju2b1
./: Already exists: File exists: File exists
./share/: Already exists: File exists: File exists
./share/locale/: Already exists: File exists: File exists
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors.

Probably it's good idea to cat the errfile and to not remove it it the
merge fails ;-)

Commenting out the move part, it completed OK and both realplay and
acroread work.

Thanks to all that made this possible.

--
IOnut