HEADS UP: xorg 7.2 ready for testing

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Thu May 17 11:14:31 UTC 2007

I can report success on three systems.  A further system is still
upgrading.

In all cases, I had to execute multiple 'portupgrade -a' commands (and
a few 'pkgdb -F' commands) to get it to work.  One system mad a couple
of problems with portupgrade apparently forgetting to re-install
packages after uninstalling them - which took a bit of cleaning up -
and losing pieces of packages ('pkg_info -g' reported files missing).

Overall, I'd rate it as a success, though I don't think it rates as
totally idiot-proof.

Thanks to all for your efforts in getting Xorg 7.2 into the tree.

--
Peter Jeremy