Time to abandon recursive pulling of dependencies?

Wed May 16 12:57:06 UTC 2007

Quoting "J. Porter Clark" <jpc at porterclark.com> (from Wed, 16 May 2007
06:25:32 -0500):

> What I don't like about the flattening of the dependencies is
> that there seems to be information loss; that is, I can't figure
> out why one port (e.g., gweled) requires another port (e.g.,
> cdrtools).  Is there any tool to unflatten the dependencies?

No. And just recording the first order dependencies would be a
sensible approach to get this information. But this is just one more
reason why first order dependencies would be better than the current
recording of everything.

The problem not discussed so far is: some ports may not have all first
order dependencies. So anyone wanting to change this should install a
tinderbox and start testing fixing those ports.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
On the whole, I'd rather be in Philadelphia.
		-- W.C. Fields' epitaph