Time to abandon recursive pulling of dependencies?

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Wed May 16 10:03:17 UTC 2007

On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 10:13:41AM +0200 I heard the voice of
Ulrich Spoerlein, and lo! it spake thus:

> True, true. And as pointed out above, if you don't build the INDEX
> with your current pkg options, it is useless anyway.

Oh, worse.  If you don't build INDEX with your current _installed
system_, it's "useless".  A good number of ports detect installed
things.

% grep -i civ /etc/make.conf /usr/local/etc/ports.conf
% (cd /usr/ports/games/freeciv && make -V PKGNAME)
freeciv-gtk2-2.0.8_2

So to be _sure_, you better rebuild INDEX after every port you
install.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net