FreeBSD Port: linux-gspca-kmod-1.0.12.1

Darren Pilgrim freebsd at bitfreak.org
Wed May 16 05:23:05 UTC 2007

Andriy Babiy wrote:
> I wanted to try making the port, but faced a problem:
>
> The requested URL /spca50x/Download/gspcav1-20070110.tar.gz was not found
> on this server.
> Apache/ProXad [Apr 14 2007 12:48:55] Server at mxhaard.free.fr
>
> This is what I get when I try downloading the source.
> Of course, I tried installing the driver through the port, but the
> gspcav1-20070110.tar.gz file couldn't be found in either location,
> including that mentioned above.
>
> The "Download" link from the port gives
> http://cvsweb.freebsd.org/ports/multimedia/linux-gspca-kmod/linux-gspca-kmod.tar.gz?tarball=1
> which is different file.
>
> Am I doing anything wrong? Or should I build the port from the source?
> Please, give me your advice. Thank you very much in advance.

It looks like a new version was released a week ago and the 20070110
source tarball was moved to an archival directory.  You can temporarily
unbreak your port and install the older version by editing the port
Makefile and changing line 11 to:

MASTER_SITES=	http://mxhaard.free.fr/spca50x/Download/oldrelease/

Otherwise, submit an update PR for the port or wait for Luigi to update
the port.

HTH