Time to abandon recursive pulling of dependencies?

Pav Lucistnik pav at FreeBSD.org
Sun May 13 12:18:27 UTC 2007

Stephen Montgomery-Smith píše v ne 13. 05. 2007 v 00:02 -0500:
> Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:
> > Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:
> >> OK chaps, this is what I came up with.  So for example, if I do "make
> >> install" on /usr/ports/x11/xorg (having made all the dependencies), on
> >> my computer it turns the pkg_create from taking about 4 minutes to the
> >> blink of an eye.  Now people need to figure out how to speed up the
> >> "make package-depends" in bsd.ports.mk, but that is beyond my abilities.
> >>
> >> I really hope this works.  The prospect of modifying a piece of code
> >> that is used by practically the whole FreeBSD community kind of scares
> >> me, so I would appreciate some good testing.
> >>
> >> Apply the patch http://www.math.missouri.edu/~stephen/deps/ddd to
> >> /usr/src/usr.sbin/pkg_install/lib.  I have also put the patch as an
> >> attachment, but I don't know if the mail filters will take it out.
> >>
> >> Stephen
> >
> > I spoke too soon.  It is kind of buggy.  Sorry to have jumped the gun a
> > bit.
>
> OK, try this one.

This seems to cut down registering time nicely. Thanks for doing this!

Mind submitting the patch using send-pr(1) ?

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav at oook.cz>
              <pav at FreeBSD.org>

Angband in action! Constant escalation to new depths to find angrier,
meaner letters and more punctuation!