FreeBSD Port: mytop-1.6_3

Yen-Ming Lee leeym at FreeBSD.org
Sun May 13 05:01:01 UTC 2007

On Sat, May 12, 2007 at 02:10:58PM -0400, Paul Laudanski wrote:

> Greetings folks, I have a query about the requirements for this port.
>
> I have MySQL Server & Client 5.1.15, plus I was planning on installed
> p5-DBD-mysql51 ...
>
> Is that OK as they are newer versions?  Or will ports require that the
> older versions be installed like mysql-client-5.0.37, p5-DBD-mysql-4.003?

No, mytop needs ${SITE_PERL}/${PERL_ARCH}/DBD/mysql.pm, and it doesn't
care about where it comes from. So, if you would like to use specific
version of p5-DBD-mysql, say p5-DBD-mysql51, install it first, and then
mytop will depends on it, otherwise mytop will depends on p5-DBD-mysql,
which default version is 4.003.

However, you can also set WANT_MYSQL_VER=51 when installing mytop
or p5-DBD-mysql, and they will depend on mysql-client-5.1.x as you want.

--
Yen-Ming Lee [utf7:+Z05fZWYO] | Taipei, Taiwan