xorg7.2 upgrade and glxgears

[LoN]Kamikaze LoN_Kamikaze at gmx.de
Sat May 12 23:42:51 UTC 2007

vehemens wrote:
> I have the following error when running glxgears using the ATI driver:
>
> X Error of failed request:  BadRequest (invalid request code or no such
> operation)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  158 (DAMAGE)
>   Minor opcode of failed request:  4 ()
>   Serial number of failed request:  37

I have a rv200 chipset.

After the upgrade I don't have glxgears or glxinfo on my system. Could anyone
tell me which port they belong to?

I'm using Quake3 for testing and it floods the console with the message:
Major opcode of failed request: 155
Minor opcode of failed request: 4
Serial number of failed request: 31851

The serial number is a growing number that has reached 31000 after about 2 minutes.

Running mplayer with -vo gl or -vo gl2 will open the video window for a moment
before the program terminates with the following message:
X11 error: BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)

xrandr leads to the following message:
X error of failed request: BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)
Major opcode of failed request: 154 (RANDR)
Minor opcode of failed request: 6 ()
Serial number of failed request: 9