make -D recent problem?

JoaoBR joao at matik.com.br
Thu May 3 20:24:57 UTC 2007

On Thursday 03 May 2007 15:27:44 Kris Kennaway wrote:

> > > OK, I was willing to help you figure this out, but you've ignored my
> > > instructions 3 times now, so I'm giving up and will let you deal with
> > > it on your own.
> >
> > whatt?
> >
> > you're very funny, sure I did
> > seems you do not read with attention
>
> Probably it is because English is not your first language, but you
> really did not follow my instructions.
>
> If you had followed them, your email would contain the results of your
> grep -r command.  This command would show which ports refer to the
> incorrect /usr/X11R6 location, and I would have helped you to figure
> out which ports they belong to.  Rebuilding those ports is all that is
> necessary to fix your problem, but first you have to identify which
> ports they are.
>
> > but no problem since the problem *is* solved thanks to your help
>
> By doing the ln -s you worked around the problem but didn't solve it.
> There might be other problems later on.

there is nothing wrong with my english, I guess you are just used to handle
slower people :) ... I just spared you and the list from getting hundreds of
lines in there email's, but here the shortform:

pkg_info -L `pkg_info -r dia-\* | awk '{print $2}'` | grep libgdk-x11
/usr/local/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.a
/usr/local/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.la
/usr/local/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.so
/usr/local/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0

so there is no reason at all that dia looks and depends
on /usr/X11R6/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.la

or is this still my computer who tweaks it?
ah, almost forgot it, all dependencies were and are rebuild

--

João