make -D recent problem?

JoaoBR joao at matik.com.br
Thu May 3 10:32:29 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 02 May 2007 23:59:19 Kris Kennaway wrote:

> > I guess one of those libraries needs to be rebuilt.
> >
> > grep -r /usr/X11R6/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.la /usr/local/lib /usr/X11R6/lib
> >
> > should show you the files that need to be rebuilt.  pkg_which will
> > help you to figure out which port they belong to.
>
> it didn't help so much

> What does this statement mean?

means rebuilding them didn't solved the problem

> > even Garrett's suggestion not, the only way I could
> > solve this was linking them to /usr/local/lib where the files are on my
> > system
> >
> > /usr/X11R6/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.la
> > /usr/X11R6/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.la
> > /usr/X11R6/lib/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.la
> > /usr/X11R6/lib/libpangocairo-1.0.la
> > /usr/X11R6/lib/libpangoft2-1.0.la
> > /usr/X11R6/lib/libpango-1.0.la
> >
> > I guess this is a port configuration problem because certainly others
> > need them too but did not have this problem, only
>
> No, it's because something is stale on your system and needs to be
> rebuilt.

I dont know, look

# pkg_info -L gtk-2\* | grep libgdk-x11
/usr/local/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.a
/usr/local/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.la
/usr/local/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.so
/usr/local/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0

this files are not beeing installed in /usr/X11R6/lib

but some ports are looking there and not in /usr/local/lib

--

João