www/linux-firefox JavaScript Versions?

Jesse Scott mathemajikian at gmail.com
Wed May 2 12:08:13 UTC 2007

Why is www/linux-firefox version 2.0.0.3 built using JavaScript version
1.4? Check the link below to see the JavaScript version you are using:
http://tychousa3.umuc.edu/sys/browserinfo.html

However, linux firefox version 2.0.0.3 downloaded from
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/ uses JavaScript version 1.5, which
I need for some distance education classes I'm taking. Using the firefox
downloaded from the above link and adding the corresponding
linux-java-plugin I can access my classes without a problem. But if I
try and use the firefox in the ports collection I cannot since it is
built with JavaScript version 1.4.

Is there away to have www/linux-firefox build with JavaScript version
1.5 as default?