ports_glob(1): Updating the portsdb - Updating EVERY time ! ... Why ?

Garrett Cooper youshi10 at u.washington.edu
Wed May 2 02:05:06 UTC 2007

Wilkinson, Alex wrote:
>     0n Tue, May 01, 2007 at 06:54:48PM -0700, Garrett Cooper wrote:
>
>     >INDEX-7.db isn't located in /var/tmp though by default >_>..
>
> Ok, thats what it is then. Simple question:
>
> How would it have ended up in there ?
> If I remove it and do a pkgdb -u It puts it back there.
>
>  -aW

Well, you might have found a bug in the script, but then again it could
be user error.

Corollary to the above statement:
IIRC the .db file(s) automatically gets put in /var/tmp if you _don't_
have write access to the file(s). Make sure you're running pkgdb as root.

Did you set any variables set in your system wide profile that start
with PKG*?