HEADSUP: removing the old cyrus-sasl port

Gabor Kovesdan gabor at FreeBSD.org
Sat Mar 31 18:09:37 UTC 2007

Ulrich Spoerlein schrieb:

> While your at it, it would be nice if the WITH_SASL and WITH_SASL2 knobs
> would be unified. Some ports interpret WITH_SASL as 'link against
> libsasl2', while others (those listed above?) interpret it as 'link
> against libsasl'
>
> I think it was openldap vs postfix, where I found out about this. It
> makes it unnecessary hard to use one common var in /etc/make.conf for
> SASL2 support.
>
> Thanks,
> Ulrich Spoerlein

Yes, it's definitely a good idea. I think we can repo-copy cyrus-sasl2
to cyrus-sasl as Grog mentioned, and handle the knobs after maintainers
removed the references to the old cyrus-sasl for their ports. I'm not
sure, if the new version is completely compatible with the old one, and
there are ports that support both ones, so we should make sure first if
all ports work with cyrus-sasl2, that's why I sent this headsup.

Gabor