170kB patch - how to handle?

Bartosz Fabianowski freebsd at chillt.de
Fri Mar 30 02:45:21 UTC 2007

Good day

I would like to improve the audio/libvorbis port by optionally patching
in the aoTuV psychoacoustics, which are considered to be superior to
stock libvorbis. However, the patch file that does this is ~170kB in
size. I am wondering whether it is OK to put such a large file directly
into the ports tree or if it should be downloaded as a distfile by each
user. Is there any guideline on which would be the correct method? I
would hate for my suggestion to be rejected by the port's maintainer due
to me getting a formality like this wrong.

Thanks,
- Bartosz