FreeBSD Port: please get print/pdftk working on amd64

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Thu Mar 29 09:01:17 UTC 2007

I tried to find a place to report a wishlist bug against pdftk on
<URL:http://www.freshports.org/print/pdftk/>, but failed.  Trying an
email here instead.  Please forward it to a more appropriate location
if needed.

I'm a user on a amd64 FreeBSD machine, and in need of the pdftk
program.  Trying to build it from ports tell me that it isn't working
on 64-bit machines:

  root at host:/usr/ports/print/pdftk# make install clean
  ===>  pdftk-1.12_1 does not run on amd64 ia64 sparc64. and you are
     running amd64..
  *** Error code 1

  Stop in /usr/ports/print/pdftk.
  root at host:/usr/ports/print/pdftk#

A quick search on google sent me to
which make me believe it is working on Debian when built on amd64.
Any chance of getting it working for FreeBSD on amd64 too?

Friendly,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen