samba3 compile failure

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Sat Mar 24 16:23:08 UTC 2007

------< snip >------
>> `krb5_principal_get_realm'
>> /usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to `krb5_set_error_string'
>> /usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to `krb5_make_principal'
>> /usr/lib/libgssapi.so: undefined reference to `krb5_store_keyblock'
>> *** Error code 1
>>
>> Stop in /usr/ports/net/samba3/work/samba-3.0.24/source.
>> *** Error code 1
>>
>> Stop in /usr/ports/net/samba3.
>> [root at dns1 /usr/ports/net/samba3]#
>>
> Just though I should mention that this freebsd 6.1 system has krb5-1.6 installed. Is this the version of kerberos that is installed by default with 6_1?
>
> David

If you have installed the MIT Kerberos Port, you need to tell the Samba
build where to find it...
---

Thank you guys for giving so generously of your time and being so helpful.

I have sent a compressed version of config.log to John and Garrett direct as  I did not want to load everyone with the file. Hope that is OK.
As recomended I tried:

# cd /usr/ports/net/samba3
# make KRB5_HOME=/usr/local install clean

But still got the same errors.

It seems highly likely that my dependencies for kerberos are screwed up. Is there a sure fire way of checking up on them? My guess is that at some time I responded innapropriately to the pkgdb -F dialogue and screwed up the existing installation.

pkg_info reports krb5-1.6 as installed.

If practical O wonder if it might be best to:
a. identify what version of kerberos are installed.
b. deinstall them all.
c. decide on a version to install.
d. (i) build it and
   (ii) rebuild all dependencies to ensure they are all using the same version and
   (iii) make sure that all configuration files are correct.

Is anyone willing to tell me whether the above is a sound plan AND, if it is tell me how to go about it. If not can anyone identify a sounf plan. I do need to get samba working and I have a host of applications on this system that do use kerberos in one form or another!!

Channces are if I carry on as I am something is sure to break pretty damn soon.

Thanks

David

David