mail/maildrop marked as broken

Milan Obuch freebsd-ports at dino.sk
Wed Mar 21 21:00:31 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 21 March 2007 21:13, KIMURA Yasuhiro wrote:
> From: Vizion <vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com>
> Subject: mail/maildrop marked as broken
> Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 11:33:59 -0700
>
> > As title for information
> > New today:
> > portupgrade -a reports:
> >
> > FAM system mismatch: gamin is imstalled and desired FAM system is fam
>
> AFAIK Courier products work only with fam and not with gamin. But I
> not certain this is still the case now. Does anyone know if latest
> gamin is compatible with Courier products?
>
> ---
> KIMURA Yasuhiro

This is part of installed packages on one from my servers:

pkg_info
apache-2.2.4        Version 2.2 of Apache web server with prefork MPM.
arc-5.21o_1         Create & extract files from DOS .ARC files
arj-3.10.22         Open-source ARJ
autoconf-2.53_3     Automatically configure source code on many Un*x platforms
autoconf-2.59_2     Automatically configure source code on many Un*x platforms
automake-1.5_2,1    GNU Standards-compliant Makefile generator (1.5)
automake-1.9.6      GNU Standards-compliant Makefile generator (1.9)
clamav-0.90_3       Command line virus scanner written entirely in C
clamcour-0.3.8      ClamAV courier filter
courier-0.54.0      Courier SMTP IMAP POP3 HTTP mail server suite
courier-authlib-base-0.59.1 Courier authentication library base
courier-authlib-userdb-0.59.1 Userdb support for the Courier authentication
library
courier-pythonfilter-0.18 Framework for courier filter development in python
curl-7.16.1         Non-interactive tool to get files from FTP, GOPHER,
HTTP(S)
docbook-1.3         Meta-port for the different versions of the DocBook DTD
docbook-241_2       V2.4.1 of the DocBook DTD, designed for technical
documenta
docbook-3.0_2       V3.0 of the DocBook DTD, designed for technical
documentati
docbook-3.1_2       V3.1 of the DocBook DTD, designed for technical
documentati
docbook-4.0_2       V4.0 of the DocBook DTD, designed for technical
documentati
docbook-4.1_2       V4.1 of the DocBook DTD, designed for technical
documentati
docbook-xml-4.2_1   XML version of the DocBook DTD
expat-2.0.0_1       XML 1.0 parser written in C
gamin-0.1.7_2       A file and directory monitoring system

And it works well. So yes, courier could be used with gamin. And if full
courier suite works well, it could work partially, too.

Regards,
Milan