FreeBSD ports you maintain which are out of date

Steven Kreuzer skreuzer at f2o.org
Wed Mar 21 03:47:21 UTC 2007

On Mar 20, 2007, at 1:33 PM, shaun at freebsd.org wrote:

> Dear port maintainer,
>
> The portscout new distfile checker has detected that one or more of
> your
> ports appears to be out of date. Please take the opportunity to check
> each of the ports listed below, and if possible and appropriate,
> submit/commit an update. If any ports have already been updated,
> you can
> safely ignore the entry.
>
> You will not be e-mailed again for any of the port/version
> combinations
> below.
>
> Full details can be found at the following URL:
> http://beta.inerd.com/portscout/ports@freebsd.org.html
>

> Port                                            | Current version |
> New version
> ------------------------------------------------+-----------------
> +------------
> devel/p5-Getopt-Mixed                           | 1.008           |
> 1.09
> ------------------------------------------------+-----------------
> +------------
> net-mgmt/nrpe                                   | 1.9             |
> 2.8b1
> ------------------------------------------------+-----------------
> +------------

nrpe is listed as being out of date. However, for some reason, there
are two versions of nrpe in ports: nrpe at v1.9, nrpe2 at v2.7 (2.7.1
is the latest stable version, so the nrpe2 port is out of date)
Would it make sense to remove the port for nrpe which is currently
unmaintained and rename nrpe2, which is maintained to just nrpe?

Also, while p5-Getopt-Mixed is currently out of date, the author has
listed the module as obsolete on the CPAN page (Its been replaced by
Getopt::Long). I submitted a PR with a patch to update it 1.09
earlier today, but perhaps it should be considered for removal from
the tree since it has no port maintainer, and the module is no longer
maintained as well. I spoke privately with Anton Berezin (who is
assigned to the PR) privately and we both agree that it would make
sense to update it to 1.09, but at the same time, deprecate and mark
it for deletion in the ports collection.

Figured I would post this to the list to see if anyone has any strong
feelings against it.
The PR can be found at http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=110595

SK