Problems running pkgdb -fF

Michel Talon talon at lpthe.jussieu.fr
Mon Mar 19 22:18:19 UTC 2007

>        "multimedia/totem now uses gstreamer by default"
> sed: 1: "s|^\(@comment[": unbalanced brackets ([])

Perhaps there is a specific problem here, but i have observed
corruption under FreeBSD-6.2. Several times on my laptop where
various applications suddenly misbehave, rebooting cures that,
but once firefox was corrupted and i had to reinstall it.
Since it has several experimental drivers i can perhaps blame them.
But once i have found completely corrupted +CONTENTS files on my desktop
which has supported hardware. The corrupted entry was flagged by my
check_pkg.py first time i used it on /var/db/pkg. Of course this is the
sort of thing absolutely impossible to characterize.

--

Michel TALON