HEADS UP: GNOME 2.18 now available for FreeBSD

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at freebsd.org
Mon Mar 19 05:59:30 UTC 2007

GNOME 2.18 has just been merged into the FreeBSD ports tree.  While this
release focuses more on stability and improving existing functionality,
there are a few new surprises.  See http://www.gnome.org/start/2.18/ for
all the details.  On top of that, our very own adamw has created a few
new FreeBSD GNOME splash screens which are available in gnome-session.

Upgrading from 2.16 to 2.18 is fairly straight-forward.  A portupgrade
or portmaster -a will get everything.  For people that already did the
gettext rebuild, sorry.

We're still looking for FreeBSD GNOME screenshots for our gallery.  So
if you have a creative desktop, please forward on an image.

Joe

--
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team      ::      gnome at FreeBSD.org