circular dependency

chuckr chuckr at chuckr.org
Fri Mar 16 04:33:40 UTC 2007

I am trying to get eclipse installed with both python and C language
abilities installed, and I am using that nice tool, port-manager, to do
it, but port-manager seems to be striking a bit of a problem with  one
of eclipse-cdt's dependencies, devel/gnome-vfs.  The problem is,
port-manager has decided that gnome-vfs is a dependency of gnome-vfs, so
it's in an endless loop, installing and re-installing ad nauseum.  Can
someone make a suggestion?

BTW, I wasn't really sure what ports to try to install, if I wanted C
(C++ only if I absolutely needed it) and Python ... I figured the cdt
port first, was that right?