Gfortran migration status is now `stablize'

Maho NAKATA chat95 at mac.com
Wed Mar 14 01:35:37 UTC 2007

Dear maintainers (who uses/have used FORTRAN in your ports)

According to http://people.freebsd.org/~maho/gfortran/gfortran.html ,
gfortran migration is almost done. Except for ports/science/hdf,
and still there are some build issues. I'd like to move the status to
stabilize and wait for ~one month.

After the stabilization period is over, we are planning to add a knob like
USE_FORTRAN=yes [gfortran42(default), gfortran43, ifort, g95, gfortran41, f77, g77-34]
and change the Makefile again for simpler Makefile.

To do so, I must change some of /usr/port/Mk/*.mk files beforehand, and I'll
announce again when we are ready.

Discussion for changes are very welcome.

BTW: I'll be unavailable until mid of April. I'm too busy in these days.
Hope I can answer your e-mails immediately.

Greg: your port is broken for FreeBSD 7, so we should add something...but I as wrote,
your port doesn't build for me. So I cannot check. Help is really appreciated.

Many thanks for your patience, and cooperation.
All the best,
-- Nakata Maho (maho at FreeBSD.org)