php5-pcre-5.2.1_4 was Re: FreeBSD Port: php5-5.2.1_3

gareth bsd at lordcow.org
Tue Mar 13 08:17:53 UTC 2007

On Mon 2007-03-12 (23:15), Andr? B?hm wrote:
> After the latest patch for pcre utf8 compatibility (php5-pcre-5.2.1_4),
> I still get warnings about "Compilation failed: this version of PCRE is
> not compiled with PCRE_UTF8 support at offset 0" for what looks like any
> pcre-function that uses "u" as pattern modificator, while the look
> behind / read ahead error has so far vanished.
>
> After "portupgrade -fo devel/pcre devel/pcre-utf8", I recompiled
> everything twice, first "-f php5\*", then after checking
> php/extensions.ini for the startup order, "-f pecl\*", then again "-f
> pcre", checked php -v for startup errors and restarted apache.

i get exactly the same.

this's a bug report about related errors that i also get: http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=29914
and it suggests using the 'bundled' as opposed to 'external PCRE lib'. that doesn't
seem like the best way gto go about it, but how would you? i don't see any bundled
PCRE 'make config' options in php5?