How to create a patch that removes a file

Ulrich Spoerlein uspoerlein at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 00:18:16 UTC 2007

Spil Oss wrote:
> I'd like to submit the patch in a PR, but I don't know (yet :D) how to
> include the removal of a file from the port (that patch-file is now
> already included in the distributed sources).

This works best for me:
- Use a cvs mirror
- Install ports-mgmt/porttools
- Checkout the port, modify, add files with 'cvs add', delete them with
  'cvs rm'
- run 'port submit'

It runs portlint, fills out the PR, CCs the maintainer, hints at
added/removed files, etc. Highly recommended!

Ulrich Spoerlein
--
"The trouble with the dictionary is you have to know how the word is
spelled before you can look it up to see how it is spelled."