[Fwd: Clamav and Amavisd]

Carlos Fernando Assis Paniago Carlos.Paniago at cnptia.embrapa.br
Thu Mar 1 23:10:55 UTC 2007

Hi: I was running clamav and amavisd with postfix... With the recent
change in clamav (0.90), I was receiving this error:
Mar  1 19:08:55 norma amavisd[75399]: Virus scanner failure:
/usr/local/bin/clamscan (error code: 40)

Looking this error I find out:

in amavisd I find the following line: (363 in /usr/local/sbin/amavisd)

     chop($output = `$clamscan --stdout -r -w --one-virus $TEMPDIR/parts`);

And trying to use the clamscan with this options I find that:
"-w --one-virus" is deprecated.

What is the solution? (for now I changed the amavisd stuff), but is this
the correct solution? SOmeone is finding this error (in this case the
clamscan is not working).

Carlos Paniago