gnucash on amd64 6.2-stable pkg_add runs, but app fails

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Thu Mar 1 18:07:50 UTC 2007

On 2007-Mar-01 02:58:36 -0600, perlcat <perlcat at alltel.net> wrote:
>When I run gnucash from command line, it waits about 3 minutes before the
>splash comes up,

libltdl-1.5.22_2 will fix this.

><unnamed port>: Unable to find file "hbci/hbci.scm" in load path
>
>I'm not in the slightest interested in the home banking client interface. Is
>there a place to remark that out?

There's a build-time configuration option (AQBANKING) that defaults to
off so I'm not sure why you are seeing that.

>If I cd to /usr/ports/finance/gnucash and do a make install clean, that fails
>with:
>
>configure: error: "libffi has not been ported to amd64-portbld-freebsd6.2."
>configure: error: /bin/sh './configure' failed for libffi
>
>libffi isn't ported to amd64, so you can't get there from here. I found a new
>port of it, but it doesn't seem to be recognized after I'd built and
>installed it.

This looks like it's fixed in g-wrap-1.9.6_1,1

>downloaded source for gnucash 2.0.5 -- it fails on configure with this
>message:
>
>checking for popt.h... yes
>checking for poptStrippedArgv in -lpopt... no
>configure: error:
>
>  popt 1.5 or newer is required to build gnucash.

The current version is popt-1.7_2.  It was upgraded to 1.7 in 2004 so
you must have some really old ports installed.  Try upgrading popt.

--
Peter Jeremy