How to get a list of all kernel modules

Kostik Belousov kostikbel at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 04:21:22 UTC 2007

On Sat, Jun 30, 2007 at 10:45:36AM +1000, Edwin Groothuis wrote:
> Portmgr works in quiet ways: Last thursday they commited the code
> to bsd.port.mk, and linimon@ updated a lot of the ports with the
> additional category. I will see if I can make an entry in the Porters
> Handbook for it, and then make an USE_KLD flag which installs the
> module and runs kldxref etc.

It would be very convenient to have unified location for ports kernel
modules. May be, even hier(7) compliant ?

For instance, some random set of ports installed kernel modules to:

sysutils/devcpu: /boot/modules/cpu.ko
net/ng_car:	/boot/kernel/ng_car.ko
(this means that ng_car.ko module will be trashed on next kernel update)
audio/oss:	/usr/local/lib/oss/modules