portupgrade-devel-2.3.0_5 broken

Alex Zbyslaw xfb52 at dial.pipex.com
Fri Jun 22 11:54:13 UTC 2007

Stefan Lambrev wrote:

> portupgrade-devel seems to be partly broken - at least for me "-o" is
> not working as expected.
>
> For example: portupgrade -f -o x11-toolkits/swt-devel swt-3.2.2_1
> --->  Reinstalling 'swt-3.2.2_1' (x11-toolkits/swt)
> --->  Building '/usr/ports/x11-toolkits/swt'
>
> This should replace swt with x11-toolkits/swt-devel, but -o is skipped
> and portupgrade just reinstall swt.
> Sorry if this is known problem.
>
> portupgrade works ok, but I switched to portupgrade-devel, because it
> was recommended for xorg upgrade procedure.

Please see the recent archives for -questions (search for "portupgrade
strangeness" should do it).  There's a thread about this very issue.  It
seems like a "feature" of portupgrade interacts with an oddity in
pkg_version.  To my mind pkg_version seems to have a bug, but there were
no real comments on the thread.

You should be able to work around by pkg_delete -ing swt-3.2.2_1 and
installing x11-toolkits/swt-devel afresh.

--Alex