How to get a list of all kernel modules

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Sun Jun 17 06:44:20 UTC 2007

On Sun, Jun 17, 2007 at 08:33:22AM +0200, [LoN]Kamikaze wrote:
> I see I misunderstood, sorry about that. So how about that one:
>
> # find /usr/ports/ -type f -name pkg-plist -exec grep -El
> '^@cwd[[:space:]]+/boot' \{} \; | sed -E 's|^/usr/ports/||1' | sed -E
> 's|/pkg-plist$||1'
>
> It only works with ports that have a pkg-plist file, though.

And which do @cwd in it. Doesn't work with multimedia/pvr250 for
example.

This reminds me of a pet-project of me which I would like to restart,
but which needs to cooperation from the maintainers of the package
building clusters: A database of installed files. And a historical
list of package build failures, but that one isn't relevant here.

What does it require? Not much: after each package built, somehow
a notice gets send to a database backend which grabs the tarball,
grabs the +CONTENTS files and stores that data.

What can it be used for? Questions like this for example. Or better
CONFLICTS determination. Or historical information ("I get this
file /usr/local/share/foo, but I can't find out who installed it")

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org
edwin at mavetju.org    |              Weblog: http://www.mavetju.org/weblog/