Keeping track of automatically installed dependency-only ports

Jeremie Le Hen jeremie at le-hen.org
Sat Jun 16 11:42:13 UTC 2007

Hi Stephen,

On Sat, Jun 16, 2007 at 02:54:27AM -0700, Stephen Hurd wrote:
>  All of this rather assumes that *everything* is installed from ports.
>  1) install portXXX which requires SDL, so SDL gets sucked in
>  2) build thingYYY (which uses configure and only uses SDL if it's already
>  installed - common) manually and install it

If thingYYY detects SDL and uses it at configure stage, it should be
recorded in the dependency list.  I suppose this is up to the
maintainer to deal with this as whether the aforementioned feature
exists or not, nothing would prevent the user from deinstalling SDL
and break thingYYY otherwise.

Best regards,
--
Jeremie Le Hen