Keeping track of automatically installed dependency-only ports

Jeremie Le Hen jeremie at le-hen.org
Thu Jun 14 07:54:37 UTC 2007

Nikola,

Thanks for your reply.

On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 09:14:33AM +0200, Nikola Lecic wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 09:06:02 +0200
> Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie at le-hen.org> wrote:
> > Is there a way to track dependency-only ports, so that if I install
> > port0 which requires port1 which in turn requires port2 and so on,
> > deinstalling port0 will deinstall portN up to the first one required
> > by another port or one I explicitely installed.
>
> Aren't you speaking about 'pkg_deinstall --upward-recursive port0'?

My request ismore subtle, I think.

Consider the following fake port tree:

port1     port2     port3*    port4
  \        /   \      |      /
   \      /     \     |     /
    port12*      \    |    /
                  \   |   /
		   port234*

A trailing * marks a port manually installed.

If I run "pkg_deinstall --upward-recursive port234", this will remove
port234, port3 and port4 (at least I suppose, the manual page doesn't
give the details).  But since I've installed port3 manually it's likely
because I need it for some reason, therefore I don't want it to be
deinstalled.

Best regards,
--
Jeremie Le Hen