Keeping track of automatically installed dependency-only ports

Jeremie Le Hen jeremie at le-hen.org
Thu Jun 14 07:06:19 UTC 2007

Hi,

Is there a way to track dependency-only ports, so that if I install
port0 which requires port1 which in turn requires port2 and so on,
deinstalling port0 will deinstall portN up to the first one required by
another port or one I explicitely installed.

I know ports-mgmt/pkg_cutleaves but this requires manual intervention.
I've been told by a Debian guy that their new "aptitude" tool is able to
achieve this and I found it pretty handy.

Best regards,
--
Jeremie Le Hen