./options-descr file suggestion for ports

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Wed Jun 13 14:26:44 UTC 2007

On Jun 13, 2007, at 3:36 AM, Alexander Leidinger wrote:

> First there where no OPTIONS, then OPTIONS was introduced. If you
> feel annoyed by those ports which are not converted yet to OPTIONS
> (because nobody felt annoyed enough to convert them), feel free to
> submit patches for them.

personally, I'm annoyed by ports that use OPTIONS because I cannot
then set them globally in my make.conf file (which is copied around
to all my servers).  I have to ensure that the proper OPTIONS are set
on every machine on which I may build a port.

Is it possible (and/or is anyone working on) a way to make the
options setting non-interactive and pull the settings from a config
file instead?