PS to PDF converter needed

Scott Bennett bennett at cs.niu.edu
Mon Jun 11 04:12:44 UTC 2007

     On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 05:56:32 +0200 Nikola Lecic <nlecic at EUnet.yu> wrote:
>On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 22:39:00 -0500 (CDT)
>Scott Bennett <bennett at cs.niu.edu> wrote:
>
>>      Thanks for the gs(1) example.  I have portinstall running right
>> now to install ghostscript-afpl.  I noticed, though, that
>> ghostscript-afpl apparently wants a deprecated version of the
>> ghostscript port installed.  I hope it doesn't wipe out what's
>> already installed.
>
>Actually, the AFPL licensing is abandoned and the development is
>switched to GPL some time ago:
>
>  http://www.ghostscript.com/awki/Releases
>
>GPL version is FreeBSD default (see /usr/ports/UPGRADING, 20070405).
>I'd advice you to use -gpl version.

     Okay.  I killed the -afpl version and started the -gpl version.  Then
I noticed that there *is* a ps2pdf already installed.  I could have sworn
I had looked for it and not turned it up.  Sigh.  Oh, well.  portinstall
appears to be upgrading the whole port, so I'll let it continue.
     Thanks again to both you and Frank Mayhar.

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG