postfix port install

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Thu Jun 7 00:19:29 UTC 2007

Brian <bri at sonicboom.org> wrote:

> 1-This flew by pretty quick, if it weren't followed by a series of
> questions I might not have seen it.
>
>     Warning: you still need to edit myorigin/mydestination/mynetworks
>     parameter settings in /usr/local/etc/postfix/main.cf.

Use your scrollback buffer, or (better yet) install the port under
script(1).

Ports building can generate lots of messages at any time.  It's not
practical for the ports to do anything with them other than echo them
out.

> 2-The below /etc/periodic.conf file isnt correct, /etc/periodic.conf
> doesnt exist; should I be deleting the 4 files at the bottom or creating
> a file /etc/periodic.conf with the below contents?
>
> And you can disable some sendmail specific daily maintenance routines in
> your
> /etc/periodic.conf file:

Create the file if it doesn't exist.  See "man periodic".

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com