[net/samba3] Upgrade to Samba 3.0.25a

Uwe Laverenz uwe at laverenz.de
Wed Jun 6 08:15:16 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 03:54:25PM -0700, Doug Barton wrote:

> I think it's very reasonable, and well in keeping with FreeBSD
> tradition, to delay upgrading to a new release of ported software
> until the maintainer is convinced that it's safe to do so. I have

Yes, but on the other hand it is the server admin's job to test new
software and to decide if and when he starts to deploy it on his
production machines. And what about those users/admins who want to test
new samba versions to actively help the samba team with improving the
software? They would have to modify the port on their own to get the
newest version.

To be able to install and test brand new software (without being forced
to do so!) is one of the best features of FreeBSD's ports system. If people
want to play it safe, they can still use Debian/RHEL/whatever. :)

Uwe