X.org's radeon(4x) slowness

regisr regisr at pobox.com
Wed Jun 6 06:23:16 UTC 2007

I apologize but I can't put this post in the thread.
This should be a reply to the post from Jeremie Le Hen on Thu May 31
22:19:55.

> Actually we are both using the X.org's radeon driver with:
>    Option "AccelMethod" "EXA"
> According to radeon(4x) manpage, "EXA" is supposed to be faster than
> the traditional mode "XAA" but it is also newer and possibly unstable.
> Removing this option or switching back to the VESA driver solves the
> slowness.

This option is not selected in my configuration but is is slow since
the upgrade to X.org 7.2 with firefox. I have alse rebuild firefox after
all was rebuild.  It is only with Firefox.

I have the following modules loaded.
    Load        "dbe"   # Double buffer extension
    Load        "extmod"
    Load        "glx"
The card is a Radeon 9250 AGP.
What can I try?