X.org 7.2 and Radeon question

Philipp Ost pj at smo.de
Tue Jun 5 15:44:37 UTC 2007

Ivan Voras wrote:
> Philipp Ost wrote:
>
>> Perhaps you can get the new fglrx-driver which ATi released recently
>

> I didn't know about this, but I can't find it on their drivers' section:
> http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html - do you know more about this
> driver (e.g. where is it)?

Sorry, I forgot that to mention: ATi only provides a driver for Linux.

But there is/was a project[0] which did a port to FreeBSD. A older
version of this driver is hosted by Alexander Leidinger:
http://www.leidinger.net/FreeBSD/ATI/

Personally, I do not have any experiences with this driver as my video
card (Radeon 9250) is fully supported by X.

My apologies if I did confuse you.

Philipp

[0] http://www.fglrx-freebsd.com/
--