Gnome [and Xfce] Terminal artifacts

Gabor Tjong A Hung g.v.tjongahung at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 06:21:00 UTC 2007

Hey there,
I have this problem as well.
They however do not seem to disapper when moving the terminals. I hadn't
tried it without transparency. I have been trying to install rhythmbox the
past 24 hours( without succes) and still trying. In my attempt I have
reinstalled all the ports it depends on, and for now it seems I don't not
have these "artifacts" as you call them in my terminal anymore. So my guess
would be that it's some kind of dependency that causes this. FOr tose bold
enough to try it. Try portupgrade -Rf and see if it works. BTW, this might
take a while.

Regards

On 6/3/07, Nikola Lecic <nlecic at eunet.yu> wrote:

> On Sat, 2 Jun 2007 17:42:47 -0500 (CDT)
> Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen at math.missouri.edu> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 2 Jun 2007, Indigo 23 wrote:
> >
> > > After upgrading ports and subsequently upgrading to Gnome 2.18.2
> > > from 2.18.1, gnome-terminal seems to have a problem where it just
> > > litters the window with various artifacts, I'm not sure if this is a
> > > gnome-terminal problem or is something related to vte.  This occurs
> > > whether I am using transparency or a background color (i.e. black).
> > > Has anyone else experienced this?
> > >
> > > See screenshot here:
> > > http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/1596/gt3pw6.jpg
> >
> > Yes.  I have experienced this as well.
>
> Exactly the same thing, with Xfce Terminal, after upgrade to Xorg-7.2,
> with and without transparency. When I move Terminal window, artifacts
> disappear.
>
> Besides that, I occasionaly see 'black holes' when scrolling the text,
> i.e. partially black lines instead of shaded background picture.
>
> Nikola Lečić

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
                -- A. Einstein