portupgrade -o

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Mon Jun 4 15:34:39 UTC 2007

on 04/06/2007 18:26 Sergey Matveychuk said the following:
> Andriy Gapon wrote:
>> on 02/06/2007 10:41 Sergey Matveychuk said the following:
>>> Andriy Gapon wrote:
>> [snip]

>> [snip]
>>> It's possible if installed version is greater than a version in origin.
>>> You can compare two version with the command:
>>> pkg_version -t version1 version2
>> I am not sure which versions I should compare...
>> Version of audio/portaudio in ports is 18.1_2, installed version is also
>> 18.1_2. Version of portaudio2 should not matter in this because it is a
>> "totally different" port, right ?
>> Anyway, even if I had the version situation that you suggested I think
>> it still would be a bug on portupgrade's side because in this case I am
>> not upgrading any ports at all, I am replacing one port with another.
>> Or am I missing something ?
>>

> I would say it's a feature of portupgrade. It always checks versions by
> design.

Even when switching between things like fam and gamin ? I'd say that it
is a wrong design then, because I can not imagine any good reason for
such behavior.

Anyway, what about the real problem as described in the beginning ?
I've recently seen another similar report on the list.

P.S. version of audio/portaudio2 seems to be 19.b1175.

--
Andriy Gapon