FreeBSD Port: dspam-devel-3.8.0,1

Klaus Koch klaus at sentinel.dyndns.info
Sun Jun 3 10:34:04 UTC 2007

> The error you're getting is not from the port or portinstall but from
> the bsd.*.mk framework. You can't have multiple mysql versions on your
> system.
>
> If you're sure you want mysql51 then upgrade the client, upgrade
> dependent ports then config and install dspam:
>
> portupgrade -f -o databases/mysql51-client mysql-client-5.0\*  && \
> portupgrade -rf -x mysql-client-5.1\* mysql-client-5.1\* &&\
> cd /usr/ports/mail/dspam-devel &&\
> make config &&\
> make install clean

sorry for not making myself clear, but I _have_ mysql-client-5.1 installed.
It's what freebsd installs by default if you're doing portinstall
mysql-server/mysql-client. Since a few months I have a website running with
lighttpd, php and mysql and I never did anything special with mysql versions.
Now I want install dspam and it doesn't work... that's all I want to tell
you :-)

If you do these steps:

Install freebsd
portinstall mysql-server