Uggg!

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sat Jun 2 18:50:04 UTC 2007

In message: <20070601232226.GA60306 at rot13.obsecurity.org>
            Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org> writes:
: On Sat, Jun 02, 2007 at 01:19:51AM +0200, Erwin Lansing wrote:
: > On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 02:56:51PM -0600, M. Warner Losh wrote:
: > >
: > > [[ as an aside, the updating instructions for xorg should say you may
: > >    need to regenerate your config file, since when I used my old one
: > >    I got pcidata not found ]]
: > >
: > Snipped from UPDATING:
: >
: >   If you plan on keeping your current /etc/X11/xorg.conf, make sure you
: >   change ModulePath to /usr/local/lib/xorg/modules prior to running X.
: > This should be all you need to fix the pcidata error.

True.  I had thought my /usr/X11R6 -> /usr/local symlink would have
saved me, but no dice.

: As well as possible a later snippage telling you to install x11/xorg.

I did have that one installed, so I got the newer stuff... until all
the +CONTENTS files disappeared. :-(

Still, I was really upset when the +CONTENTS stuff disappeared, but so
far everything has built w/o a hassle.  Only one left: ooo.

Warner