Uggg!

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Fri Jun 1 15:12:51 UTC 2007

--On Friday, June 01, 2007 15:22:05 +0200 Thomas Hummel <hummel at pasteur.fr>
wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 01:07:50PM +0200, [LoN]Kamikaze wrote:
>
> Happend to me too (same cause : battery died while portupgrading -a).

Not trying to be a smartass here, but wouldn't it be best practice to
always use the power cord when doing portupgrades on a laptop?  All my
workstations have UPSes for that very reason, and I never update laptops
without power.  That way, if the power does fail, it can revert to battery
giving me enough time to stop the portupgrade before all is lost.

--
Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Senior Information Security Analyst