Keeping Ports and Packages Synchronized

Kurt Abahar xverify at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 26 23:49:46 UTC 2007

--- Doug Barton <dougb at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Maybe you can describe in more detail what you're
> trying to
> accomplish. Leave out potential solutions, just
> describe what your
> goal is.

I have a lot of ports installed and it takes a lot of
time to compile them. Therefore, I'm trying to use
packages as much as possible. After updating the ports
tree using portsnap, portupgrade looks for packages
that don't exist yet. Basically, my goal is to avoid
this and have the ports tree update to a state for
which packages have already been built.

I apologize if I can't explain it very clearly,
English isn't my native language.

Thank you